Monday, March 31, 2008

School Days

Today was my first teaching observation. Year 2 has a technology unit topic about containers. I am having a hard time with it, becuase it is nothing I've ever heard of teaching before. Luckly, my teacher and university supervisor are super helpful. I did a lesson about the 3 Little Pigs today. We discussed materials that make a house strong and then each student had to write about what they would use to build a house, or what their house is made of. We also had another Maori lesson where we learned numbers. The students are very good at it, but I can not seem to follow along! Unlike European languages, there is no connection to English. But I am proud to say I was able to tell the class my "house number" in Maori!
I start full time teaching later this week. I have lots of planning to do! Things are about to get busy around here!

1 comment:

Emily In Training said...

Good luck teaching full time! I know you'll do great!