Thursday, March 27, 2008

3 Day School Week!

Tomorrow is the weekend already! I could get used to 3 day weeks! I have enjoyed teaching my small groups. In reading we read a small play and a book about camels. We discuss sounds, concepts of print and comprehension, just like in the states, but it is on a more individual level. The kids in my group are ready to attack these skills. In math we are trying to memorize addition facts to 10. We played a game with 10 beads on a string. After we did a cut and paste activity. I paring up with a year 6 class (5th grade) to help me start a USA club. A teacher is arranging interested writers to meet with me at lunch to write a book to bring back to my school. I am also planning on spending time with the reading recovery teacher tomorrow.

The weekend should be fun, as I am planning on going to the movies with another teacher, the zoo and a rugby game. Go Auckland Blues!

1 comment:

Emily In Training said...

Glad things continue to go well! Good luck with the book! What movie are you going to see?