Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Zonals

Today at school I went along with the year 5 and 6 students to their Zonal Athletic event. All the local primary schools came to a big stadium in the area. The students participated in many track and field events such as running, relays, long and high jump. I led the high jump with a teacher from another school. It was really fun and one of the year 6 girls jumped 1 meter and 20 centimeters!
My school has won the first place trophy for the past 9 years! This year we came in 2nd place by 1/2 a point! The kids were still excited to receive a placement and had tons of fun!
Back at school, in the afternoon, my own class made containers out of clay. They did a great job! Their clay pots will be sent to a kiln and won't be finished till may! I'm a bit bummed, but my teacher promised to send me pictures of the students with their finished products!
Tomorrow after school I am meeting with my university teacher here with the other OU students and having dinner. Friday I leave for Queenstown!

1 comment:

Emily In Training said...

It sounds a lot like field day!

Glad things are going so well. :-)