Sunday, April 13, 2008

Queenstown!

Well... everyone says New Zealand is beautiful, and I believe it is because of Queenstown! Amanda and I flew down on Friday. It was so cool to see mountians sticking out of the clouds from the plane! The city is at the bottom of the south island, which makes it a bit colder, but warm enough not to have to wear a jacket.
Queenstown is a cute touristy town surrounded by mountians and a huge lake. It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Amanda's friend, who we stayed with, told us many celebrities like Tom Cruise and Madonna have "holiday homes" there.

The city is full of many adventerour things to do like jet boating, parasailing, rafting and my favorite.... the bungy jump! On Saturday I went to the Kawarau bridge, where the world's first bungy jump was ever done, and did a bungy jump!!! Its not really like me to do such extreme things, but I felt I had to becasue New Zealand and Queenstown was known for their amanzing bungy jumps! It was really scary, and I didn't want to let go of the bar. When theywere strapping my feet in, I had noticed no one was screaming as they jumped. I asked the man if anyone screams, becasue I knew I would.

When it was my turn I walked to the edge of a platform, they counted to 3 and I jumped!!! I bought the dvd of my jump to prove to everyone back home how brave I am!
On Sunday Amanda and I took a Gondola ride to the top of one of the mountians. Then we went on the luge ride back down! Its really fun because you sit in a sled that has wheels and a handle and drive it down a concrete track! The only bummer was I forgot my camera so I dont have any pictures of me on the luge!
Today I flew back to Auckland and am preparing for my last 4 days of teaching!

1 comment:

Emily In Training said...

OOooh! I am SO jealous of the bungy jump and the luge ride!!! I want to do that too! I'm glad you did those things, though, because you're right, that's not like you but now you can tell everyone you did it!!! YAY!